Being dedicated to spreading the message of green living means that Little Pickle Press is always on the lookout for new and interesting ways to spark interest. Green living means different things to different people, so we’ve gathered some of our favorite green Pinterest boards here to expand your ideas.
10. Homesteading: Alternative Energy ‒ Becky Turner: Living “off the grid” is a dream of many families, especially as utility bills creep higher and higher. With suggestions for building your own hydroelectric generator and DIY solar panels, this board will help bring you closer to realizing that dream.
9. Clean Water Project ‒ Gina Hughes: Green rhymes with clean, and few things are as important to life as clean water. Pollution awareness projects for kids and build-your-own water filter plans can be found on this board.
8. Composting ‒ Gardenerd: Nothing says green living like having your own garden, and one secret to gardening success is a compost heap. This board will show you just how easy (and important) it is to put yourself at the top of the heap.
7. Green Craft Ideas for Kids ‒ Land Wilson: All work and no play makes green living very dull, indeed. Luckily, our good friend Land Wilson (award-winning author of Sofia’s Dream) has a whole board full of fun projects that will have you and your kids seeing green in no time.
6. Green Dream Home ‒ Angelique: Going chemical-free takes a lot of planning and effort, and this board offers a visual reference and starting point for your own journey.
5. Green Reads ‒ GIDZ: When you’ve powered down the appliances for the night, it’s time to curl up with a good book. This board features green titles that cover topics from no-mow lawns and beekeeping to biophilic cities and ecological design.
4. Living Green ‒ Easy Green Mom: Parents want the best for their kids, and Amber from Easy Green Mom helps take the stress out of going green with little ones. Paperless kitchens and sustainable laundry are just two of the many helpful ideas you’ll find here.
3. Earth (Day) Activities for Kids ‒ Multiple Contributors: Celebrate Earth Day every day with these fun projects for kids. Marnie from Carrots Are Orange is a contributor to this board, which features ideas such as earth crayons and a “plantable” paper Earth.
2. Good to Know! ‒ Multiple Contributors: GMO-free? Safe cooking temperatures? Healthy sleeping positions? These are things that are good to know! Covering a wide range of green topics, this board will answer a lot of questions you may have, while prompting you to ask more.
1. Explore the Natural World ‒ PBS: Just in case you need an extra reason to consider green living, here’s a whole board full of amazing animal pictures to inspire you to keep our planet healthy and safe. Bonus photo: a newborn snow monkey!
These are just a few of the many, many ideas available. Have a look, try some of them out, and let us know your favorite ways to go green.