So, you’ve decided that bigger isn’t always better, especially when your budget doesn’t fit either description. You want to support small businesses, but you’re not sure where to start. Well, you’re in luck! Little Pickle Press has compiled a handy resource list to help you find small, local, and otherwise interesting independent businesses that will feed your creative spirit during the holiday season and beyond.
- American Express. Believe it or not, this big name deals in small business. Once you register, you can log into their Shop Small Now page to view recommendations.
- Cool Mom Picks. Just the thing for cool parents of any gender, this site has gift guides and suggestions for food, gear, and style. There’s even a DIY tab for you hands-on types.
- Etsy. Who hasn’t heard of Etsy? Okay, all three of you head over to check out the place for independent artists in every medium imaginable; the rest of us will be right behind you. Stained glass, edibles, Doctor Who scarves—if it can be made, you’ll probably find it on Etsy.
- Indie Gift Box. Think outside the Jelly of the Month Club; Indie Gift Box takes special deliveries to a whole new level. Each monthly shipment brings one-of-a-kind, handmade artisanal pieces, and every purchase supports independent artists.
- Springwise. Not ready to shop right now? Springwise features up-and-coming entrepreneurial ideas that are sure to fire your future gift-giving spirit. Explore their extensive database to discover the next big thing from a small business. Who knows? You might get inspired to create something yourself.
And there you are! Five quick stops for easy ideas. Tell us about your favorite small business; it’s worth 30% off in the Little Pickle Press shop. Visit our homepage to learn more.